EXCHANGES, REFUNDS, RETURNS & CANCELLATIONS
We reserve the right to refuse to exchange or refund products that are not returned within 14 days of delivery or in accordance with our terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to refuse to exchange or refund products that are returned within 14-days and are subject by Bio-contamination and hygiene policy (please see below).
In order to qualify for our refunds policy, all products must be in a re-saleable condition i.e. undamaged, in their original and undamaged packaging, unworn and complete with all tags and labels attached (this is not an exhaustive list as to the condition of the product(s) returned). Otherwise, we reserve the right to refuse a refund and you will be responsible for the costs/expenses involved in returning such products.
If you return a single product bought as part of a multi-buy discount offer (for example buy 2 for £20.00) you will be refunded the full price of that item less any discount given in the offer – we will calculate this and let you know. If you return all the products purchased with the multi-buy offer discount you will be refunded for the full multi-buy value.
Please also note if you purchase the Microchip Course Bundle (total price £390 plus VAT)* and you want a refund on any of the products that are provided to you as part of the bundle then the amounts refunded will be as follows:
- Microchipping Course – £120 inc VAT*;
- Microchipping Assessment – £60 inc VAT*;
- 40 Microchips – £160 inc VAT*;
- Scanner – £45 inc VAT*; and
- Sharp Spin – £5 inc VAT*.
*The above prices may be reviewed at any time and changed and the sum of your refund will depend on what you paid for at the time you purchased this bundle package. If the prices change, but we have not yet updated our website, and you require a refund, then we will calculate the correct sum that is due back to you and notify you of the refund amount.
*Please also note that all terms relating to the refund, return or exchange of any Products falling under any bundle package remain subject to all other terms and conditions highlighted in our terms and conditions including, but not limited to, this page.
Deposits for any purchases are taken in the sum of 10% - 20% of the order price and is non-refundable if the order is cancelled by yourself, or moved by yourself to an alternative date more than once. In any such instances we shall retain the 10%-20% deposit taken at the point of sale. The deposit shall also be retained if we have to cancel the course more than twice due to reasons not in our control and you decide to terminate the contract. However, in the event that the product(s) is faulty or misdescribed then you will be entitled to any deposit sums paid and this will be returned/refunded to you once we are in receipt of the product, as outlined below.
Courses and educational services have an administration fee of £180 per/course if cancelled. Therefore, this fee will be deducted from each course purchased if you decide to cancel any of your training.
Our refunds policy is in addition to your statutory rights.
EXCEPTIONS TO REFUND POLICY
The following exceptions apply to our Exchange, Refunds, Returns and Cancellation policy for certain products. Please note this is a non-exhaustive list and that these conditions do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
For reasons of health, hygiene safety and copyright, we are unable to exchange or refund the following products:
- Perishable items (food, confectionery, animal milk);
- Medical products that are dispensed or purchased;
- Products personalised or cosmetics;
- Unsealed products or that are worn next to the skin or hair;
- Electrical products that have to have blood used with them to function;
- Electrical products that may have technical issues, (products which use semen, blood or other bodily fluids) we will only send back to the supplier and issue replacements, you will not receive a refund for equipment purchased for Fertility, Ultrasound or Microchipping Purposes.**
- Microchips cannot be returned due to the nature of the product.
- Any fertility, ultrasound or Microchipping course booked due to the dates and spaces being limited and the cost of the tutor being paid to secure the course.
Also, for reasons of health, hygiene and safety the cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- cosmetics, fragrances, hair accessories / products, security sealed products, food, confectionery, hosiery and any medical products; and
- Medicinal products or services that are dispensed on prescription.
**If, however, the item is sealed and unused the normal returned policy will be followed, however, if the item is unsealed due to hygiene reasons, we cannot accept back this product as outlined above.
Please note that if you return an item for inspection and this is sent to the manufactures this can take several weeks or even months to be inspected or any issue to be resolved. However, we try and keep you updated every step of the way, some suppliers are overseas meaning the item can take over 14 days to just be received by the manufacturer depending on the shipping service used. We will use reasonable endeavours to update you accordingly.
RETURNS BY POST
You can return products to us via the Post Office to
Smartbreeder.com Returns Department of UNIT 3, Varley Business Centre, St James Street, Manchester, M40 8EL.
The parcel should contain:
- The product(s) you purchased that you wish to return in their original condition.
- Your original delivery note(s) with the returns section fully completed, clearly stating which product(s) you are returning and the reasons why you are returning the products.
You will need to pay for the postage but we will supply a free postage label if we have made an error in our dispatch or if the product received is faulty or unfit for purpose. We will also refund your delivery charge if you are an EU customer cancelling under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (see below) if we have made an error or the product is unfit for purpose.
We are unable to accept any responsibility for products you have chosen to refund that are lost or damaged in the post. You must ensure that your product(s) are securely packaged and obtain a proof of posting. Please allow at least 5 working days for your product(s) to reach us.
Please note that we are not able to give exchanges for product(s) returned by post, and you should allow 14 days to receive your refund. Please safely dispose of any broken glass before returning a product to us.
If you need advice on returning by post, please contact our customer services team on 01208 420 999 or via email at email@example.com
Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we email you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the contract is as described in clauses 8.5 and 8.6 of our terms and conditions.
You can email us at Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 01208 420 999 (option 2) or by post at Cancellations, Smartbreeder.com, UNIT 3, Varley Business Centre, Manchester, M40 8EL.
If you are emailing us or writing to us, please include details of your order to help us to identify it.
If you send us your cancellation notice by email or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
To cancel a contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel.
If you cancel your contract, we will:
- Refund you the price you paid for the products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the products if this has been caused by your handling of them in a way which would not be permitted.
- Refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of goods within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the products delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- Make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
-If you have received the products and we have not offered to collect it from you: within 14 days after the day on which we receive the products back from you.
-If you have not received the products or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: within 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract or within 14 days of us collecting the product from you.
-If you have returned the goods to us under this consumer right of return and refund because they are faulty or misdescribed, we will refund the price of the goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
We will refund the original payment method used by you to pay for the product(s), but in the event of a partial refund, we reserve the right to issue a cheque to you.
-If products have been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your contract:
1.) You must return it to us without undue delay and in any event no later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the contract. We can only process the refund once we are in receipt of the returned product(s) or if we are arranging collection then once the product has been collected. The period for the refunds to be processed is as explained above. If you have not returned the products within the 14 day period you may lose the right to a refund and we may refuse/reject the return/refund.
2.) Unless the goods are faulty or not as described (see above), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
If the goods cannot be returned by post, then you will need to arrange a courier at your own expense. If we have offered to collect the product(s) from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection and this will be deducted from your refund. If the costs of collection exceed the sum of the refund, then we will invoice you will need to ensure any outstanding balance is paid within 5 days of you receiving the invoice.
3.) We do not accept products being hand delivered to the offices or warehouse, due to there being no proof of return available once returned. Please ensure that products are returned via tracked or recorded delivery.
Bio-contamination and hygiene policy
Due to Bio-contamination and hygiene the following items do not qualify for refunds within the stated 14-day refund period should they be returned used:
- Hypodermic syringe needles
- Wondfo blood analysers
- Tosoh AIA 360 blood analysers
- Tosoh AIA 600 blood analysers